7.03.2005

AFMike's Top Movie Quotes

Here are quotes I would like to add (some made the original) to AFI’s list of the top movie quotes. AFI generally disregards more recent comedies in favor of remarriage comedies of the 1940s and 50s. Nothing against those movies, but some modern comedies have the art of the one liner down. Enjoy and feel free to add more. The following are in no particular order.

“Screw ‘em Angus.” - Angus

“Build it and they will come.” – Field of Dreams

“Weez the ju-uice.” – Encino Man

“If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.” – Billy Madison

“We got no food, no jobs... our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!" – Dumb and Dumber

“Y'know, it's not so much me as Roenick; he's good.” - Swingers

“You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut the hell up.” – Happy Gilmore

“Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!” – National Lampoon’s Animal House

“Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” – The Princess Bride

“I’m an excellent driver.” – Rain Man

“Carpe Diem, Seize the Day boys, Make your lives extraordinary.” – Dead Poet’s Society

“Hoo-ah.” – Scent of a Woman

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

“A red sun rises in the east. Blood was spilt last night.” – Lord of the Rings***

“There’s no crying in Baseball!” – A League of Their Own

“Indy! Cover your heart! Cover your heart!” – Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

“You’ll shoot your eye out.” – A Christmas Story

“We’re on a mission from God.” – The Blues Brothers

Data: "Hey, McFly, you bojo! Those boards don't work on water."
Whitey: "Unless you've got power!"Back to the Future Part II

“I don’t want a large Farva, I want a GD liter of cola.” – Super Troopers

Happy’s Grandmother: “My fingers hurt.”
Ben Stiller: “Well now your back’s going to hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty. Now you will go to sleep, or I will put you to sleep. Check out the nametag. You're in my world now Grandma.
Happy’s Grandmother: “Oh dear.” – Happy Gilmore

“Vegas baby, vegas.” - Swingers

Happy: “Why because you’re black?”
Chubs Peterson: “Naw, damn alligator bit my hand off!” – Happy Gilmore

“Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really…Stop looking at me Swan!” – Billy Madison

Peter Gibbons: “Doesn't it bother you that you have to get up in the morning and you have to put on a bunch of pieces of flair?”
Joanna: “Yeah, but I'm not about to go in and start taking money from the register.”
Peter Gibbons: “Well, maybe you should. You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.” – Office Space

“If you're gonna stay home today, you can help me shave my armpits.” – Billy Madison

Stoner Dude:Preston Myers? Well, he's tall, kinda. And he has kinda brown hair....not really brown, and he wears t-shirts...sometimes.”
Amanda: “So he's tall, kinda, and he has..hair, and wears t-shirts sometimes?” – Can’t Hardly Wait

“Look what you did you little jerk.” – Home Alone

“Alllllrighty then.” – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

“That’ll do pig, that’ll do.” - Babe

“What about my butt? I work out all the time, plus reaping burns a lot of calories.” – Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey

Lloyd Christmas:Excuse me, Flo, what's the soup du jour?”
Waitress: “It's The Soup of the Day.”
Lloyd Christmas:Mmmm... that sounds good; I'll have that.” – Dumb and Dumber

“Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!” – Dumb and Dumber

“Get busy living…or get busy dying.” – Shawshank Redemption

“These go to eleven.” – This is Spinal Tap

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” – The Usual Suspects

“Its knuckle puck time!” – D2: The Mighty Ducks

“Fooooor eeeeee vvveeeer” – The Sandlot

“Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.” – Billy Madison

“Sometimes Coach Hibble calls me crazy legs.” – Get Over It

“Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me.” – The Graduate

“Are you too good for your home!?” – Happy Gilmore

“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.” – Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Samir: “No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.”
Michael Bolton: “Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.”
Samir: “You know there's nothing wrong with that name.”
Michael Bolton: “There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.”
Samir: “Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?”
Michael Bolton: “No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.” – Office Space

***This quote is actually the worst and most poorly delivered quote ever in the history of film.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Is that LotR quote even worse than "I'm getting on with my life and you're getting on with yours"?

By the way, you forgot "Down here, we call it Pocketful of Ass."

-pH